In recent years the Healthcare and Pharmacy sectors have undergone significant change, stemming in large part from the Affordable Care Act and its domino effect on the health insurance market, number of insured, digital health record compliance, and changes in Medicaid and Medicare, among other factors. The most profound event, however, involves the proliferation of healthcare and pharmaceutical choices for a growing number of individuals insured through employer-administered health plans and the millions of individually-insured patients, who are now patients-as-consumers.
Healthcare providers, specialists, insurance companies, pharmacies and pharmacy benefits managers (PBMs) must re-evaluate their core business strategies and incorporate competitive intelligence practices to pivot toward more value-based business models. If you’re responsible for competitive intelligence, market strategy, or market research in the healthcare and pharmacy systems field, this is an opportunity to address compelling evidence that your business is an impacted entity.
As a world leader in competitive intelligence and competitive monitoring, PWW can help your business respond to these permanent changes, gain competitive momentum, and achieve a sustainable decision-support process to steer your business in the right direction toward positive growth. PWW’s doctorate-level Analyst Team has decades of deep experience in healthcare and pharmaceutical engagements, leading 200+ projects in the past three years alone.
In our work, we deploy a deep level of subject matter expertise across the quickly changing US healthcare system to understand the market, delivering PhD-level analysis anchored by comprehensive research. To provide impactful insights and implications for your business with recommendations for next steps, PWW’s input sources comprise the following:
- Primary Research, including competitor staff, client personnel, investor community, and payers/PBM information;
- Secondary Research, including open-access articles and news, social media search tools, primary literature, and import/export databases; and
- Conference Meeting Research. All of these resources are customized to meet your specific business intelligence needs.
Our Healthcare and Pharmacy System services include the following:
- Pharmaceutical monitoring services
- Strategic intelligence to support movement from fee for service to value-based care models
- CMS Stars ratings and their influence on payers in the Medicare/Medicaid landscape
- Channel strategy, including retail, specialty, and mail order pharmacy
- Pricing, market access, formulary strategies including influence and integration of PBMs, payers, and drug manufacturers
Like PWW’s Pharma and Biotech and Medical Device consulting services, our ultimate goal is to help your business create and sustain a best-practice driven strategic insight decision and forecasting support system to help your business thrive and increase market presence.